“Quality yarns manufactured in the USA”
HYM Skein Dye House
- Has collected a library of more than 4000 unique styles since its establishment 10 years ago
- State of the Art skein dyeing facility available for Solid and Space Dyeing.
- Can duplicate any wool, rayon, wool/nylon, wool/rayon, silk colors
- Only manufacturer in the country, and among very few in the world, that dyes a 40 or 70 denier nylon the same color as the metallic.
- We are offering in stock program for 10 of our most successful yarns, in up to 60 colors for some. Will be able to ship as little as 1 cone.
Novelty Yarn Twisting
Novelty Yarn Twisting has a 60 year history at HYM. Over that period, Huntingdon has consistently improved quality characteristics and individuality of appearance by constant machine innovation and adaptation. HYM’s novelty twisting machines are equipped to transform the yarns from its taslan and metallic yarn combining equipment into still more unique yarns. We have designed and improved some of our old machines to make novelty yarns (‘s’ group) in a way that we can guarantee that the yarn can not be duplicated. We are able to use a dull yarn and wrap it with a shiny yarn (filament rayon or nylon) to give the unique dull and shiny appearance. To cater to all of our customers, we had 10 of our most successful yarns dyed into approximately 100 colors and we can ship as little as one cone.
- Huntingdon has consistently improved quality characteristics and individuality by constant machine innovation and adaptation.
Combining a metallic yarn with threads of nylon, rayon, acetate or silk, etc. – was virtually “born and raised” in the HYM plant. Huntingdon entered this field at is very inception, in the post war ‘40’s. Many of the present twists, combinations, number of turns, and the shrinking and setting of nylon, originated with HYM. The same applies to much of the machinery in use today for metallic yarn combining. Huntingdon has combined millions of yards of metallic yarns for the greatest names in the industry.
In addition, we can twist (wrap) metallic or fine seed yarns around customer own yarn without disturbing the twist (hollow spindle) in C.O.Y.
- Much of the machinery in use today for metallic yarn twisting was produced especially for the technique
Please visit Huntingdon Yarn Mill’s website to take a look at our facilities.